Villa Boheme COVID-19 Cleaning and Safety Prevention Guide
General Guidelines Applicable for all Travel and Tourism at Villa Boheme
Mandatory measures applicable for hotels, resorts, Paradores, Posadas, bed & breakfasts, small inns, condo-hotels, guesthouses, hostels, and time-shared properties.
All travel and tourism businesses must acknowledge and certify that the business will maintain a clean and hygienic environment for the health and safety of employees and customers. Owners, general managers or directors of operations must sign the electronic acknowledgement form prior to re-opening their businesses on or around June 1, 2020.
Our Guest Experience in Villa Boheme
Mandatory wellness check point for all guests and customers. Temperature must be checked to all guests and customers upon entry to the lodging property using a no-contact infrared thermometer. If anyone is running a temperature of more than 100.4° F or above (per the CDC guidelines and WHO guidelines) this individual will not be allowed entry to the property. This will be done in a polite and discreet manner after the reading is taken. As per CDC, WHO, Department of Health and Tourism company of PR, if a guest refuses to seek medical care, they could be denied entry to the property and must receive a copy of the property’s policy and Guest Safety Guide regarding elevated temperatures and he or she must be encouraged to receive medical attention.
Travel Declaration and Contact Tracing. Each guest must fill out a written form or declaration if experiencing health symptoms of any kind and report if he/she has been in direct contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days. Guests must state if they are required to complete a self-quarantine or isolation during their stay based on medical recommendations by state or federal imposed guidelines.
- All Owners and property managers must keep records of the forms for at least 12 months.
- These must be accessible and chronologically organized in case of an audit.
Guest safety guide. At the time of check-in, guests must receive a booklet, flyer or brochure detailing the safety and hygiene measures taken at the property. This brochure or flyer will include the following:
- The steps being taken by the property are done to safeguard everyone’s health and safety.
- What is expected from guests for their own safety and the requirements per the local authorities.
- The new operational norms for room service, housekeeping, laundry procedures and for the use of common areas as well as the disposal of beach towels.
Guest check in process and payment process
- Ensure that safe and social distance during check inn.
- When possible, use online features to complete pre-arrival registration, check out, billing matters and payment processing to reduce contact and time at the office facilities.
- When handling a credit card, sanitizing swabs are encouraged to be provided and used to disinfect the card although we will do our best to skip this process by possibly pre-charging.
- The attending employee must disinfect the unit after each use, even when customer uses a swab.
Must have a hand sanitizing station in the countertop or area. Must also follow appropriate floor safe distancing marks as indicated in the general measures of this guide.
- Counter surface must we wiped and disinfected after every customer session.
- Keeping swabs available for Guests to use for sanitizing their phone or credit cards is encouraged.
All guest luggage must be disinfected upon entry.
Guests must always wear masks in public areas. If a guest does not have a mask, lodging property staff is responsible to provide guests with one. This mask can be offered at cost.
Mandatory measures applicable for our guest
Safe and Physical Distancing
- Ensure that safe and social distance is maintained in all public areas. The minimum distance required is 6 feet (all around).
- Areas where lines are formed must be clearly marked with floor decals or markers clearly indicating the appropriate physical distancing space. This includes and is not limited to entrance areas, office, community kitchen, dock, lobby, halfway and deck.
All customer must be instructed to wash their hands, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
Chairs and tables must be reconfigured to secure safe separation of at least 6 feet between guest or parties.
Hand Sanitizing Stations. Villa Boheme will have hand sanitizer dispensers readily available for all customers. This will be available at the front desk office area, outside each bathroom, community kitchen, in the beginning of every hallway and at the beginning and end of each staircase. Villaboheme does not have elevators.
- Guests must be encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands before seating.
- Safe and Social Distancing at least 6 feet between table and chair setups.
- Related diners (i.e. family members, couples) can be seated together at one table. No maximum per table is established at the time of publication of this guide (May 1, 2020). It will be revised as by the CDC and the Puerto Rico Department of Health at some point in the near future to establish the proper guideline for maximum number of people per table.
- Use of communal tables are restricted unless proper 6ft safe distancing is applied between guests.
- If you are cooking or using the community kitchen you should wear face masks, single use gloves and keep the 6 feet distancing at all times.
- If anyone would want to use our communal kitchen facilities it will be allow in an orderly fashion and each family will be responsible for disposing and cleaning of all pot, pans, plates silverware right after each use.
- Employees and customers must always wear a mask. This is required while in public areas.
- Face masks while worn should protect the mouth and nose area.
- Both, single-use masks or cloth masks, are acceptable.
- All protective gear for all Villaboheme employees will be provided by the business owners. If a guest does not have the necessary gear to keep the protocols in place, Villaboheme will offer them at cost to all its customers.
Staff Management Protocols:
Villa Boheme implement the new wellness check point to make sure our workers are healthy and feel well when starting their shift. Before an employee clocks in to start their shift, the following steps must be taken:
- Temperature check
- Check all employees for any respiratory symptoms such as cough, runny nose or
- shortness of breath of employees.
The following questions must be asked and answered appropriately in order to allow them to work:
- Are you showing symptoms associated with COVID-19?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you had close contact in the past 14 days with someone who had symptoms?
- Do you know has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you been told by a health care provider or public health
- official they should self-quarantine due to potential COVID-19
- exposure, or are they suspected of having COVID-19?
- answered “yes” to any of the above questions, must be sent home by their manage and cannot return to work until they have received authorization from a medical
- In the case of having confirmed COVID-19 customers or employees, the owner or Health and Safety Officer should immediately call the Department of Health’s Office of Epidemiology at (787) 692-6303.
- Housekeepers must wear a mask, single-use gloves and closed shoes when servicing each room. House keeping should dispose of gloves after cleaning each room.
- Follow the CDC high level infection control procedures to collect, wash and dispose laundry.
- Attendant must clean and disinfect all room’s hard surfaces including door handles, desk, table, chairs and lamps, dresser drawer handle, light switches and thermostats, fridges, and keypad, remote control,
- television, Trash bin, Iron handle, hangers, and luggage rack, faucet and toilet
- Bed linens must be changed at least every two days, or when requested by the guest if before the minimum established. All beds must be stripped after each guest stay, even if a bed is not used.
- Bathroom towels and toiletries must be replaced after each customer’s stay. Unused towels and toiletries cannot be reused.
- A Cleaning and disinfection certification card must be placed on the bed top after finishing the cleaning service, and before leaving the room. Must be signed with the date and time of the service.
- An enhanced room cleaning and disinfection protocols must be designed and implemented for situations in which there are confirmed or suspected guests with COVID-19.This protocol must be activated for confirmed guests staying or that have stayed in the property within 72 hours of becoming aware.
Villa Boheme follow the mandatory sanitation, Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols.
- Use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved disinfectants with claims to be effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- Touchscreen computers must be disinfected after each use.
- Bathroom Care: must be supplied with hand soap and single-use paper napkins or towels to dry hands.
- Dispensers for soap, paper towels and toilet paper should also be fully stocked.
- Employees should monitor restrooms. Bathroom and community kitchen frequently to ensure they do not require attention.
- Villa Boheme, enhance the air conditioning maintenance. Although COVID-19 is not transmitted by air, ongoing monitoring of filters and their proper replacement should be scheduled to secure correct indoor air quality.
- Safe Physical Distancing and Protective Equipment. Employees and customers must follow the safe distancing protocols and the guidelines for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).